Departure for Mount Kenya: transfer to Sirimon Gate (2500m) Beginning of the acclimatization walk to 0l Moses Camp (3300m, 3h30 walk). Dinner and overnight camping.
After breakfast depart for a 5-7 hr walk through the Moorland in the Mackinder Valley to Shipton Camp (4200m). Dinner and overnight camping.
Second acclimatization walk to American Camp (4250m) via the Hausberg Pass (6h walk). Dinner and overnight camping.
Ascend before dawn of Lenana Point (4985m) then descent to Mintos Hall (4300m, 7h walk). Dinner and overnight camping.
Gradual descent to the door of Chogoria (3000m). Dinner and night in bandas.
Descent through the forest to reach your vehicle. Departure for Nairobi. Lunch. Transfer to our bed and breakfast accommodation.
Night in BB.
After breakfast depart for Lake Naivasha. Fresh water lake, real ornithological sanctuary. Naivasha has many places to discover and is a very relaxing stop. Lunch on the road. Visit Crescent Island, walk on foot among giraffes, zebras and other gazelles. Dinner and overnight camping.
Departure for the reserve of Maasai Mara, the most famous in Kenya … unavoidable … a relief mixing plains and hills with to the northwest the Esoit Oloolo escarpment and to the east the Ngama Hills! We never get bored and the meetings with the many animals are magical … the big five is often at the rendezvous and the scenes of wild life are impressive! The chance to take great pictures. Dinner and overnight camping
Game drive am then lunch. Game drive pm and dinner and overnight camping.
After breakfast departure for Nairobi Lunch on the road End of free afternoon Overnight at our accommodation
-End of the circuit-
- Marine bag for the carrier or old backpack (20 Kgs max)
- small backpack (30 liters min) for you in which you will have your business of the day
- a down that protects at -10 ° temperature comfort
- a good pair of waterproof shoes
- a pair of sneakers for parties
- walking sticks
- gaiters to protect from rain, mud and gravel
- 3 pairs of minimum mountain socks
- warm walking pants
- Tights for days at altitude
- lighter pants
- fleece fur
- waterproof fleece jacket
- hat, mountain pass
- warm gloves, under gloves
- change of clothes for the evening ( sweater, sweatshirt, functional garment …) calinettes
- sun protection (cap, glasses, full screen)
- Lip sticks
- small personal pharmacy
- a reserve of water for the day (2 liters min)
- energy bars
- a rain cape, waterproof pants
- a survival blanket
- a headlamp with alkaline batteries, spare bulbs
- 1 roll of trash bag (100 liters) to insulate your belongings from rain and dustOther useful objects: A thermos bottle, a pair of binoculars, photo film, batteries for your device, a pocket knife, reading and card games, gifts for our African friends (school supplies, clothes …)
Passport valid for more than 6 months after your trip – visas are taken locally.
The vaccine “yellow fever” is mandatory, DT Polio strongly advised as well as typhoid. Prophylaxis against malaria recommended (malarone in general) – consult a doctor Get an individual pharmacy kit: aspirin, doliprane, smecta, intetix, diamox for altitude sickness, foot cream, anti-inflammatories, compeed, sitck for the lips, and your usual medications … Caution against the sun: glasses, hat, full screen
Note: an information meeting will be scheduled before the departure for the participants! For reservation, return the registration form, accompanied by a medical certificate of aptitude to the high mountain, and a payment of 25%